- Dust the screen regularly.Use a very, very soft, dry cloth to wipe the dust away.
- Don’t touch the screen.LCD screens get dirty is from body oil on fingers.
- Separate laptop keys from screen when closed.Place a thin, soft cloth between the keyboard and screen, keeping the screen from accumulating key marks.
- Never use any cleaners that contain ammonia.You can either mix your own or purchased a premixed cleaning solution (usually mixed to 30% concentration) from a computer store. To apply the solution, use a very, very soft cloth, such as a piece of soft flannel or a synthetic microfiber material, and wipe the screen gently: too much pressure can cause the screen to crack or warp. You can use this cleaning method as often as necessary.
- Clean gently.Also avoid paper towels, since they can easily scratch an LCD as they drag dirt and paper particles over the surface of the screen; that’s why it’s so important to use the softest cloth you can.